The Pit Kit is a convenient, biodegradable box containing all green materials for building camp fires and spitfires. It has everything you need in one box for one low price. Our Fiber Flame logs are made from an annually renewable crop grown on the hillsides of Eastern Kentucky. We like to say that Fiber Flame Fire Fuel is "from the heart of coal country where we're growing energy".
We use a truly "field to flame" model in which every component and step used for the Pit Kit is green. The contents are outside of fire wood moving regulations and there are no chemicals added to the fire fuel. No tree is cut to produce the Pit Kit.
The Pit Kit includes the following resources to get your fire burning:
- Four full pieces (and six smaller pieces) of our patented Fiber Fuel logs. These burn longer and hotter than traditional firewood.
- Recycled cardboard box for easy transportation and additional kindling.
- Tree of the Field matches.
- Fatwood sticks for quicker fire startup. What is fatwood?
- Soakable hickory strips for a steamy hickory smell
- Skeeter log embedded with eight essential oils to keep flying pests away from your fire.
At the end of the camp fire or pit fire, the only thing that is left behind are warm memories. No trees have been cut, no garbage was produced, a farmer raised a crop and workers made superior logs out of crop material that grows new every year. At Tree Of The Field we are proud of the products we make to demonstrate stewardship of our resources. We are also thankful for every customer who helps us leave a small carbon foot print on our magnificent Appalachian environment.